You want your home to show well, which means getting rid of clutter and making sure it is clean, neat and well maintained both inside and outside.
- Remove all clutter. Pack or store anything you do not need. Donate the rest to your favorite charity or having a garage sale.
- Store your valuables or lock them up in a safe place. This includes jewelry, collectibles, artwork and medicines in your medicine cabinet.
- Eliminate smoking odors and pet odors.
- Paint the inside and outside with neutral colors, steam clean carpets or replace with new carpeting or flooring. Stage the furniture and accessorize with pillows, plants, candles and other accessories.
- Curb appeal matters. Manicure your lawn and trim trees and shrubs. Plant new flowers. Mend broken fences or gates.